Are you tired of feeling unfulfilled in your job or constantly searching for the right career opportunity? 🤨
The key to finding a job that truly aligns with your passions and values may be closer than you think. Identifying your values is a crucial step in the job search process, as it can help you to narrow down your search and find a job that truly aligns with who you are and what you stand for.
But where do you begin?🤔
Finding your values can be a daunting task, but don't worry, in this blog post, we'll provide you with the perfect exercise to identify your top 3 or 4 values.
We'll explore the importance of identifying your values in the job search process and how it can lead to greater job satisfaction and overall career fulfillment.
Why is it important to know your values?
Knowing your values is essential when finding a job because it allows you to understand what truly matters to you in your work.
It can help you to identify the type of work environment and company culture that aligns with your personal beliefs and goals. It also allows you to communicate your needs and aspirations to potential employers and helps you to identify job opportunities that align with your values, which can lead to greater job satisfaction and overall career fulfillment.
Additionally, it can help you in the interview process, as it allows you to articulate how your personal values align with the company's values and goals, making you a stronger candidate.
Find your top values - Quiz
Let’s get started
🎯 The objective of this quiz is to identify your top 3 or 4 values.
We’ve created a quiz exercise that will give you a list of common values associated with the workplace, and ask to you to assign a score based on how important they are for you.
Before we begin, there are two things we ask from you:
- Be brutally honest. It can be easy to choose our values based on what we would like them to be - make an effort to choose the values that better reflect reality right now.
- Make sure they’re your values. Not your parents, not society’s, not your friend’s or your partner’s… these values are individual to you.
- Access our template by clicking here
- Make a copy to be able to edit (“File”->“Make a copy”)
- Once you have made your own copy, give each value a score out of 4. Don’t worry about spreading the numbers evenly amongst the categories, but do try to keep the number of “1’s: Must have” at a maximum of 4.
- Must have: absolutely essential to me - up to 4
- Nice to have, but not essential - Unlimited
- Neutral: neither important nor unimportant - Unlimited
- Not valuable, I’d rather avoid it. - Unlimited
- Once you’re done, take all the values you’ve ranked as 1, or Must have, and those will be your top personal values
We hope that this blog post has helped you identify what your top personal values are.
Remember, identifying your values is an ongoing process, and it may take some time to truly understand what matters to you.
As you continue on your job-hunting journey, keep your values in mind and use them as a guide to help you make informed decisions. We wish you all the best in your job search, and hope that you are able to find a job that brings you satisfaction and fulfillment!
Thanks for reading and good luck in your career journey! 🚀
This article belongs to the ultimate guide to securing your dream job in 2023! Join us as we embark on a journey of exploration and discovery, diving into the secrets of building and promoting a standout professional identity, mastering the art of crafting a winning CV, LinkedIn profile, and networking strategy, and learning the best strategies for finding opportunities, acing interviews, and making the right career choices. Check the complete series here out!
Keep an eye out for our next installment, where we'll help you identify and showcase your top 5 skills, unlocking doors to career success.